- Take the juice from one bottle of that Ol' Janx Spirit.
- Pour into it one measure of water from the seas of Santraginus V.
- Allow three cubes of Arcturan Mega-gin to melt into the mixture (it must be properly iced or the benzine is lost).
- Allow four litres of Fallian marsh gas to bubble through it (in memory of all those happy Hikers who have died of pleasure in the Marshes of Fallia).
- Over the back of a silver spoon float a measure of Qualactin Hypermint extract, redolent of all the heady odours of the dark Qualactin Zones; subtle sweet and mystic.
- Drop in the tooth of an Algolian Suntiger. Watch it dissolve, spreading the fires of the Algolian Suns deep into the heart of the drink.
- Sprinkle Zamphour.
- Add an olive.
- Drink... but... very carefully.
- It should contain strong gin (possibly freeze-distilled).
- The drink should be at least slightly fizzy, to represent the marsh gas. This could be achieved by either using a fizzy ingredient or by carbonating the mixture using something like a SodaStream.
- It should smell pleasant, as suggested by both the marsh gas and the hypermint extract.
- It should have at least a subtle minty flavour.
- It should taste fairly spicy.
- It should have some form of powder or sprinkles on top.
- It should have the sharpness of biting into a lemon and, possibly, some flavour of lemon.
- It should be light green in colour.
- It should be served with an olive.
- It should be served cold (ingredients from the freezer, or shaken with ice).
- It should be very potent.
- Strong white rum, kept in the freezer.
- Cheap, fizzy, cider.
- Cubes of strong gin, previously made in the freezer ice tray.
- Some form of mint liqueur for flavour, aroma and colour.
- Lemon oil - not too much.
- A dash of green Tabasco.
- A sprinkle of cinnamon.
- An olive, to serve.
Tuesday, 12 October 2010
Pan Galactic Recipe
Recipe from the book: